Darling Cole. You can see the dark circles under his eyes. Mondays are usually days we know the kids will have to go to bed early. They are so exhausted on Mondays.
When Cole comes home at the end of the day he immediately goes into the living room, picks up the IPod attached to the speakers and chooses either Muppets Treasure Island (if I have to hear "Shiver me timbers, Shiver me soul, yo ho ee ho" one more time....) or the Disney Collection or Pirates of the Caribbean. For the love of all music, can I please listen to something else??!! But it makes him happy so I grin and bear it...most of the time. :) Sometimes I put on Glee and tell him it is Mommy's turn!
By the way, not a fan of what blogger does to my pics sometimes. This one looks rather odd when it didn't in IPhoto! Oh well. Love the smile on that kid anyway!
And then there's Charlotte. She comes home at the end of the day and immediately throws this dress on and prances around the house with her light up shoes, her crown and sometimes an accessory or two. Or three. And lately a magic wand too.
Every night she says she'll sleep in her bed all night. And every night she says "if I sleep in my bed for 5 nights I get a Rapunzel dress and Rapunzel light up shoes." Tonight she added that she would also get a Rapunzel crown and a Rapunzel wand (do they make those even?) She's upping the ante and I would gladly buy those things for her if she really would stay in her bed. :)


3 comments:
Haha! Aidyn wants the same pirate boat that Cole has so we told him we would give him $1 for every night he stays in his bed all night. He gets a sticker in the morning and it's worked like a charm! Plus, he's really learning to save his money and it makes him really proud.
Maybe if you resize your pictures to about 600pixels they may not look as different. The larger files can upload wonky sometimes.
I love that Charlotte matches her cinderella doll perfectly! So adorable! We tried a reward chart for Cole to get ready faster for bed as well as in the morning.. we soon ended it because it was taking LONGER while he dilly dallied over which sticker to pick!
Thanks for the sticker suggestion. I think we'll go to that as it will be a good visual for her to see. The bottom line though is that I think she just likes snuggling with me. :)
Post a Comment