2.01.2012

Week 4 (Days 22 through 28)

 Day 22
Sledding with friends. Weeeeee!!

 Day 23
Choosing a paint color.  I am looking to spruce up the kitchen.  Charlotte wants me to paint it yellow and Cole wants me to paint it orange.  I am partial to more neutral colors and so yellow it is.  Look for the walls to be painted by the next millennium...that's how long it usually takes me to get my butt moving!

 Day 24
Charlotte was super excited to show me that she can now reach the sink (*almost*) without a step stool.  Ignore our hideous bathroom. This is our master bath and it is just sad.  I need it to be a spa retreat! haha- someday!

 Day 25
Charlotte newest obsession is playing with her Barbies in the sink.  She washes their hair  and scrubs them down.  She asks to do it all of the time!

 Day 26
I love winter nights.  During the summer we go outside after dinner and that is fun too but Cole would rather play with the Rogers' than his Mom and Dad usually.  Sniff, sniff!  On winter nights we stay inside and play board games, read stories, and goof around. This particular night there was a lot of tickling!

 Day 27
Every Friday night we alternate with some friends for hosting dinner. The three families take a main course, or an app, or dessert. This night it was my turn for dessert (obviously) and I made cheesecake stuffed strawberries.  SO yummy.  The cookies were *gasp* store-bought because I was running late.  The Friday night dinners are something we all look forward to all week!

Day 28
My favorite picture from the week.
We have moved around our living room a bit and the back wall/window is open.  I love that there are window seats on the big windows.  I looked over and Cole had sat down with a book.  I wanted to capture it- ran to get my camera- adjusted settings, snapped, and then the moment was over as he then proceeded to move to the floor instead.  I recently read a blog post about capturing the little moments before they are gone and this is exactly what I wanted to do here. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are all really great photos, Kelly. You should really have this blog turned into a photo book. You do a great job of capturing the year in your day to day photos.

Also, I noticed all the barbies just hanging out on the washer and I was curious if you put them in the wash haha. Now it all makes sense. :)

Lisa said...

Ha! I saw the barbies on the washer too! My kids already play "pool" if they start with Barbies I'll need flood insurance.

Love the photo of Cole on the sill.. beautiful!

.. and lastly! I hear you on the painting.. I have had paint chips for Cora's room for about a year! Who knew there were so many shades of aqua to choose from? I like the top and top right.. while kind of ehh on paper.. I think they would look super rich with your dark table.. and I think you have a chair rail, but don't remember what color it is.. paint it dark too if it isn't already and it would look super nice! at least I think so :)