Today's 365 photo is above but I had to add several more photos for today.
Today was a big day! Jay came over and helped Brendan rip down our lower level screened in porch. It took all day. The kids and I stayed out of their way and met friends at the park and then had them over for swimming.
I think a photo such as this one was on the website when we bought our house. The screened in porch above the pool was one of the big reason we bought the house. The second one was neat but we never found a use for it other than to protect the grill and the generator from snow in the winter. We never used it otherwise. I wanted a patio with a fire pit. I have plans someday to get professional stone work done and Brendan would like to add a hot tub. But that is definitely years away. It's good to have goals. :)
Jay is awesome. He is such a great helper to us when we ask. He has helped build the swing set in the past and has helped put up Christmas lights every year and helped with fall leaves too. He is very generous with his time that's for sure! We really appreciate him!
Poor Jay. You can see he's holding ice to his head. One of those boards smacked him as they came down. I have to say they should have been wearing some protective gear.
And with an audience, the porch is cleared! Katrina and Ethan stopped by on their way back from Ikea and the Rogers stopped by after a fun day of geocaching. Thank you Rogers for the use of your tools!
The kids found a caterpillar and kept it safe. :)
The last board!
Awesome job you guys!!
Now onto the fire pit and the patio furniture! Yippee!






4 comments:
I agree, it is always great to have goals. Especially when it involves a hot tub. ;) Oh, and that amazing idea of a flat screen haha.
Looks great!!
Wow! Looks awesome. Thanks for having us over. Great morning. I keep forgetting to return your oval shaped PB platter. I'll try to remember to bring it to J&M's party.
Yes, you are blessed to have such a ready and willing sibling! Having family close-by sure is great! Jay's head has been through a lot...concussion, goose egg bumps, and timbers falling! Tough Man!
The area will look great with your new plans some day.
SOooo!! have you gone shopping yet!? Can't wait to see the transformation! It looks great opens it up so much!
I love the pic of Ethan with Jay doing a cheerleader move in the background! haha!
Post a Comment