Long long ago we used to take walks with the Rogers almost every night. Long ago Cole and Caden were the only children walking and even then they liked to be in the strollers. Sigh. Fast forward three years and here we have five children, who almost never want to be in the strollers or wagons on our walks which happen very rarely. The kids would rather play in the yards then take a walk. It takes some convincing (but not so much when we go to the flower field) but we go every once and awhile now. On Labor Day they played together all day. I have a hard time letting go of the fact that it was soon be dark after dinner so I try to take advantage of it often and go back outside. We had given our kids showers already so outfitted in pajamas we set off on a walk. The kids ran ahead of us, talked, laughed, found monsters in the trees. I have already forgotten why they were digging in the drain. :) I need to post these the day of so I remember the little things like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment