9.09.2011

Day 237


Oh, the story behind this one!

Last November Brendan and I, Lisa and Rob, and Abby and San all bought tickets to what was clearly going to be THE best concert of the summer:  Kenny Chesney's Going Coastal Tour with Zac Brown Band and Billy Currington.  I was so excited.  Fast forward nine months later and the time had come! Ethan and Katrina were even able to score some last minute tickets and come with us.  Even better!  Hurricane Irene was arriving but we didn't care!  We loaded up two cars and headed down.  Our food was no regular tail gating of common hot dogs and hamburgers....oh no, we had marinated steak tips and marinated chicken straight from the local butcher....and Brendan made homemade jalepano poppers wrapped in bacon to grill! We couldn't wait to eat.  Just one eensy, bitsy problem... in all that packing someone (cough, cough, Brendan!) forgot to pack the actual grill!  So as we drove through Boston we frantically used our phones to look for the nearest Home Depot.  We found one close by thankfully and now Brendan and I are the happy owners of not one, not two, but three tailgating grills.  Hummm. (Oh well, they came in handy when we had people over last week and our actual grill wouldn't work due to propane issues!)  
The concert was amazing.  Such good times.  Foxboro is the  place to be for a concert and I LOVE Zac Brown Band.  Kenny Chesney is a close second.  I can't wait until this same concert next year!  (Oh, and for all of you people who don't know San...he doesn't ususally dress like this...as Abby says, "he embraces themes." You should have seen him for the Kentucky Derby party!)

No comments: