8.24.2011

Day 229

 Londonderry doesn't do fireworks for Independence Day. They save the big display for the Friday of Old Home Days.  Last year the tradition was started with the gang (I feel like we need a name- I can't call it the Applewood group forever and I'm done listing out who was actually there. :) ).  Anyway, we all gather in the front of the high school by the sign early.  We bring pizza and snacks. There is a band (Souled Out- they were SO good!) and the kids play to their hearts' content.  We bring a lot of glow sticks and wait for the fireworks to begin.   This year I did a quick reading on taking photos of fireworks so I was slightly more prepared than last year. And I brought my tripod.  I sent it up so my ISO was at 100,  f14 or f16 with a SS of 2 or 4 seconds.  I wish I had put on my telephoto lens but this is good enough.  It was such a beautiful night and I was sorry to have it end.   It's getting chilly at night now and although I love fall for so many reasons, I love summer the best for it's shorts weather and late nights.    




1 comment:

Lisa said...

These are amazing!! So sharp! I am so bringing my tripod next time I go to fireworks, my knee just doesn't cut it!... Rob better not be on a man-weekend so I can fit it into my load!