8.23.2011

Day 224

This was the last day my Grandpa was here to visit.  We had the family over for dinner and it was so fun.  My Dad and Grandpa watched some golf and during commercials I got everyone out for a group photo.  Tripods and timers are wonderful aren't they?  
I said good bye to my darling Grandpa and I cried a little when he left.  It had been two years since I had seen him last.  I have such wonderful memories of my Grandpa and Grandma Anderson when I was younger.  My brother and I would fly out to Chicago and stay with my grandparents for 2 weeks without our parents.  My cousin Matt would fly in from Montana and visit at the same time.  We'd spend some days at their  duplex in Chicago and wonderfully long stretches of time at their lake house in Wisconsin.  It's a different world out in the mid-west but totally not unlike here. Just flatter. And they had A&W drive-ins.  And miles and miles of corn fields.  There is so much I remember about those visits, so much I cherish.  
I vow to never move away from my parents or Brendan's parents.  Having extended family around is too important.  

No comments: