I thought that the first time I got up early to photograph the sunrise deserved its own post rather than a 365 picture! It was so cold Saturday morning! I think it was about 28 degrees; I bundled up but was still freezing. I am definitely going to get up early and try this again for several reasons, 1) to get more practice, 2) to catch a day when there is more cloud cover and therefore more dramatic photos. :)
I started off on a hill in a local apple orchard but quickly realized that the power lines would be in my way. I was careful always too to park my car and remain visible on by the road too so that any passing police officers would not think I was trespassing. "Nothing to see here folks, just a crazy lady and her camera!"
The moon was still high in the sky but not as dramatic as a few weeks ago!
I moved down the road to the main apple orchard building. I'm actually overlooking apple orchards here but it's difficult to see them. I tried playing around with the settings to get both the trees and the sky in the photo but if I exposed for the trees, the sky was washed out. So, the trees lost that battle and they are in darkness. :) There was a neat windmill in the center of the apple orchard and there was no getting around it so I tried to make it part of the shots.
The sunburst made me happy.
I also got some cool sun burst shots through the apple trees.
And she's up! I was only there for 25 minutes but my fingers were numb by the end of it ! I am so glad I did it though.
I noticed some crushed up glass on the ground and thought it made for some pretty pictures too!


3 comments:
Awesome! I'm impressed you were out so early and when it was freezing! I can't help but laugh that were thinking of the police; I would have been worrying about the same thing haha.
Very cool! I love the succession (is that the word?!) of pictures as the sun rose. And I like the addition of the windmill.
You are a brave woman out in the dark with potential wildlife to eat you and psycho killers to snatch you! :) at least it was quiet so you could hear anythng approaching! can you tell I am slightly afraid of the dark? But I guess the sunrise gave a little bit of light?!
Love the progressive pictures...It's just the way one would see the sunrise! Now I know a way to get together with you!
Post a Comment