3.08.2011

Day 67


I return to the 365 blog! Yahoo!

On Day 59 I came down with what I'm pretty sure now was the flu. It was not fun and I slept through Day 60 to Day 65. I emerged on Day 65 for a hockey game and I've felt better since!  That was rough!
I think Brendan took pity on me because he let me purchase my new "baby" weeks ahead of when I was originally supposed to!  I bought the new Canon 60D and am both overwhelmed and in awe of this thing! The one drawback so far....it is not compatible with my non-Canon external flash. Curses!  Luckily, what is so good about this camera is the clarity at high ISOs. This photo was taken under a lamp, @ ISO 2500, SS 100, F 2.8.  Not that shabby!  Everything else I am so pleased with and can't wait to take some photos this weekend! More sunlight to work with starting Sunday!

I grabbed this shoe not only to practice with but because it represents Charlotte....sparkly and still rough around the edges. Today I told her she had craisins ins in her lunch. I looked at her and she was giving me this unholy look like I had told her that a rat would be in her lunch!  I reserved my instant desire to laugh out loud and then firmly told her that she was not to give me that kind of look and if she wanted something else, she would have to use her respectful words.  She got the point and politely asked for raisins instead.  Fireworks from this kid, I tell ya!

In other news on the subject of 365, I stopped doing the 365project.org website. It was totally eating up my night! This is supposed to be a fun  project, not take over my life! Although, Brendan would argue that photography is my obsession still. I wouldn't disagree with him. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

hooray! you are back!! I am so happy that you are better, I missed my daily dose of Kelly photos!

Your camera is already amazing to me! Holy ISO and holy beautiful clarity! LOVE! and love your Charlotte story too!

Unknown said...

That is a downer about your flash but it doesn't even look like you need it!! I can't wait to see your new camera haha. And then beg Ethan for a new one. ;) I'm wondering what I can do to make him feel guilty enough to want to buy me one....

(kidding, kidding)

I completely agree about the 365 website. I don't even hold myself to the standards of posting every single day because it takes the fun right out of it.

Unknown said...

P.S. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Mom said...

I laughed 'til I cried after reading the story of the craisins! That's what I love about this whole blogspot - yourcommentary with each and every great picture!
How exciting to have another fine piece to perfect your art! (good job, Kelly! You learned that procurement expertise early) (<;