No picture today. I was going to recycle one from the other day that I liked but I thought that would just destroy the point of a picture a day and just decided not to post.
I have been pouring over some of my favorite photography websites this evening. I am in awe of the striking photography that is out there. I want to have striking photography. The more I looked, the more disheartened I became with my own photography. But then I revisited one of my favorite photographer's blogs- Becky Earl. She is amazing. Ok, I don't know her personally...so really I will say her photography is amazing. I'm sure she is an equally an amazing person too. :) I looked over her FAQ post and I began to see her own photographic journey since she picked up her first DSLR a couple years ago. And I saw she didn't start out with phenomenal pictures.... She didn't start out that way and yet she has grown and learned and become the photographer she is today. Amazing. So, I stopped feeling badly for myself and just decided that my own journey is just continuing. I looked at the photos I took 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago, and 1 month ago and I know that I have come far in what I have learned. My photography has improved. And it will continue to improve. Now, I may not have the time or the talent to make it as a Becky Earl or any other prof photographer. But I am me and that's all I can be. :) I love the quote that I posted on here about a month ago, "Be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of someone else" (Judy Garland). My photography will continue to grow...I will continue to learn new tricks and ideas and in a year from now...a month from now...I can look back and see how far I have come from today. That is my point of this 365 blog to show myself what I can learn and how I can grow.
2 comments:
Here here! (Is that how you spell what you say after a great speech?!)... anyway well said! No ne gets anywhere without a lot of practice right?!
Yes, Lisa. I Googled it. :) Here here, Kelly! You grow girl!
Post a Comment